**Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.**

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What a girl wants...what a girl needs...

Whatever makes you happy. I know I've heard that somewhere. Well, I have to start off by saying this was a bit more challenging than I imagined. Probably had alot to do with the fact that she was pretty sick when I got her on Sunday. But boy, when she looked at me and pointed to me, held out her arms for me, and kissed my face saying Papa Papa, I got to tell you, I felt like the luckiest guy on earth at that moment. Our FM does an excellent job making sure she knows us and it shows. The last four days have been some of the best days of my life. Just me and my baby girl, hanging out, playing, singing, dancing, doing all the things we would be doing if we were at home. I never had imagined the impact she would have on me. I can't begin to express my love for her. I can not go one day without thinking of her at least 30 times. So you can guess I have been like a sponge soaking up these very short days with her. Because we all know what is coming; the goodbye...the handing her back...I don't want to think about that right now, it makes me very very sad. So, I am going to go to bed. Tomorrow Brittney and Kainen get here and I can't wait. I miss them very much. And we will all be together as a family once again....even if just for a short bit. We are meeting with our attorney's assistant tomorrow and I better get some answers on our case, or I will go ballistic! We also want to meet with the judge who has our case. We shall see...



5 comments:

Pam L said...

Well Danny, You have gone and made me cry! I'm so glad you've had this special time with your little sweetheart! I know Brittney and Kainen just can't wait to see both of you.
Hope you get some answers tomorrow and I hope the next few days go by slowly for you all. Let's pray this will be the last time you will have to give her back.

Wishin' we were there too!

Aileen said...

What a sweet post about your little girl! It seems like little girls have a special way of making their Daddy's all mushy, huh? So glad you are enjoying your time with Kinsey and we're still praying for her every night.

Beth said...

I am so glad you got to spend time with her. We will praying for answers tomorrow.

Alicia and Jonathan said...

How precious! I hope you all have found out some information. Keep us posted!

Steph said...

Oh Danny. You brought me to tears. What a wonderful post that Kinsey will want to read over and over again when she is older.