**Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.**

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finally a free moment to post


I have 3 kids and a husband asleep so I finally get to post. Is this how it will be when we all get home? No time for myself? Thats ok. I can't wait to have everyone home. Yesterday morning started off with the airline unable to print Gabe's boarding passes. And somehow that was my fault. They worked for 40 minutes which was way too long because it was getting very close to boarding time. We held up the line and finally they gave me one to get to our next destination but had to obtain the rest once we reached landed in the next city. Well, while in line for security we hear "last call for flight blah blah blah". That was our flight. People see us in distress and let us cut ahead. We get through security and I tell Danny and Kainen to run ahead. I run with 2 bags, Gabe, and no shoes on like crazy through the terminal. I just knew we missed our flight. We got there and they wanted to know where our visas were. What? I don't need a visa, I have a passport. Then they wanted to see our actual tickets for our return home flights. What? We don't get those until we go to the Guatemala airport and check in. Anyway, they finally let us on. We were so out of breath and sweaty I was pretty sure we were going to puke. After that, smooth sailing into Guatemala. Kinsey arrived about 10 minutes after we did. She was her usual meek and shy girl. She threw her 15 minute screaming fit when her fostermother left then has been fine since. She loves Gabe and has helped with feeding him his baby food. It is so funny because she talks to him in a stern voice in spanish when he looks away and doesn't take the bite from the spoon. Too bad she knows way more spanish than I do and I have trouble understanding her at times. Her hair is down to her bottom. We bought her a bicycle last time we were here. She brought it with her and she rides like a speed demon. We went to the zoo today and met up with a friend who lives close by to us. She is here also visiting her little one. We had a good time. We spend the rest of the evening playing games and skyping family. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Antigua with Kinsey's FM's daughter and then to her house to visit. Here are some pictures of the kiddos.



6 comments:

Hope said...

I love the pictures and are so happy that you didn't miss your flight! Enjoy every minute with your precious daughter. I hope to hear more about it when you get home. Take care (and a lot more photos)!

Anonymous said...

These pics just bring tears to my eyes. How great to all be under one roof. LOVE!! Glad the flight worked out. Have a great trip!

Stacie said...

Adorable photos! I know you will enjoy every minute with Kinsey. Praying for safe travels home!

Pam L said...

Love the pics! I know you're having a great time! Praying your next trip is your "pick up" trip and that it is soon!

Aileen said...

Those pictures of all 3 of your kids together have to be some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. So glad all of you are getting to enjoy time together.

The gFamily said...

LOVED this post! It is so good to see all of you together!! Great pictures!! You have a precious family!!!