**Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.**

Saturday, February 26, 2011

what a whirlwind!

Well, for those of you who do not know, we are here in Guatemala. We arrived thursday and are not leaving this place without Kinsey. So next time you see us in person, we will have our beautiful daughter with us. It is a very long story and some know it already. It was miscommunication between several parties involved, so after praying about it for 1 week we decided to finish the process down here. Kinsey has her passport and we are being submitted to embassey on Monday. DNA kit already at embassey and the testing should happen wed. or thurs. I heard they only test on Thursdays, but then heard possibly wednesdays and thursdays. After that we just have to wait for those results to be tested back in the states then once the US Embassey gets those results, we will get our appointment. So maybe we will be here for 2 weeks or so. Danny's mom is here with us so that has been a great help. Kinsey is great as always. It has not hit me yet that she is here with me to stay and this is not just a visit trip. My goal is to be home before my brother's birthday which is March 18th. I will try to post as often as I can. As you can see I have been here for 3 days and just now have time to post something.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! Forever in your arms!!! Praying that DNA is quick, quick, quick! Enjoy beautiful Guatemala!

Steph said...

OHMYGOSH!!!!!! Tears of joy!!!!! Praying for Godspeed the rest of the process. Enjoy this time and I CAN'T wait to see the homecoming.

Deb said...

praying for speedy DNA and that you are soon home with Kinsey forever!!!

love and hugs,
Deb

josh n ali said...

Can't wait to see Kinsey again once you are all home and things have settled down a little bit! We tried to skype you yesterday, but for some reason it is suddenly not working on our computer...grrr...praying for a very quick two weeks! Hugs to all!

Hope said...

I am so happy for you! Also, I was literally cracking up when I heard "The Final Countdown"! You guys are hysterical! Praying that the DNA results come in quickly and you are home in a couple of weeks. God Bless Kinsey and your entire family (all FIVE of you)!

Aileen said...

How very exciting! I'm so happy for all of you that you don't have to say goodbye to Kinsey again! Enjoy your time in Guatemala!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh!! I am sooooo happy for you guys. This time has been waited for a long time. I hope and pray that the next week or so will go by quickly and you will get to bring her home soon! Love and prayers are coming your way

Parent Coordinator said...

Great news!!!!! I was thinking of you all and we are thrilled for your family :) enjoy the time with your girl and let me know if you need anything.

LAURA said...

I am so happy for you, will keep praying.