We received a call from our agency today stating that Kinsey had been taken to the doctor and was on respiratory treatments and was not to leave the house. They advised us to call and check on her if we could. Of coarse I was at work when Danny called me. I was flipping out. Being a nurse does not help sometimes. After a call by our translator we learned that she had been running a fever and had a cough. She is on 3 medications and is seeing another doctor tomorrow. Our FM did say that she is doing better and has not been running a fever at this time. WHat I really want to do is catch the next plane to Guat. and hold her in my arms, I know she is in good care, but the mom and nurse in me wants to take matters into my own hands. ( It must be the control freak in me). I am a bit concerned though because the 2 times we visited she was very congested. I did listen to her lungs in March( yes, I did have my stethoscope) and they were clear, all the congestion was in her upper airway. Anyway, I am rambling on because that is what I do best. As if I have anything else to do with my time except to worry about every little thing going on. To me Kinsey on Respiratory treatments is a big deal because I am not there to see it first hand.
We heard today that we were supposed to be resubmitted to PGN on the 29th. If so, please pray for PGN to resume processing cases, pray for a quick out and most importantly Miss Kinsey is well and healthy. Thanks so much........Britt