**Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.**

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We are still here!




Well everyone is physically feeling better. We had a very rough day emotionally yesterday. Or should I say I did. I almost hate to admit it because I feel defeated in some ways, but it was rough yesterday. Kinsey has alway loved her Papa, but yesterday she only wanted him. There was no consoling her by me. She cried and cried. She did have a bit of a low grade fever so that may have contributed a bit. Nothing really went smoothly. We got our valuables locked in our safe and 3 Guatemalan people were in our room for an hour with our safe and the table upside down trying to get it unlocked. They finally did. We went to Mcdonald's for ice cream and were stared at the entire time because we were the minority. (which we usually do not have a problem while we are here)

Kinsey and I took a nap while the boys swam and I was awoken by Kinsey screaming with fear in her eyes looking for Papa. Well I take her down to the pool to see him and she is a bit better, but still tearful even with him. They all go back to the room and leave me to pick up everything and bring it back to the room. I have my hands full and manage to drop the glass baby food jar on the floor and glass flies everywhere. (Kinsey doesn't typically take baby food, but she is not eating well so we were trying everything) By now I have tears in my eyes because I have emotionally hit my max and all these people are talking to me in spanish and I have no idea what they are saying. Two men help me clean it up and off to my room I go. I have my meltdown and then feel a bit better.

Then the strangest thing happens. Well God had his hand in it. Kinsey's mood changes and she only wants ME! She reaches for me and wants ME to do everything for her. She even shook her head no to Papa at one point. WOW! God knew I needed that! We finished the evening out playing and laughing. She is an angel! SO maybe she was having a bad day, who knows.

1 comment:

The gFamily said...

I wish I could reach through the computer and hug you!! Bless your heart!! I know God had his hand on Kinsey finally attaching herself to you! He knew just what you needed! I am sorry this has been a rough go this time! Please know that we are praying for you and hope that everything goes smoothly for the rest of your trip!!